BioBook at Nerinx:
- Students are expected to keep their Macs in good working order. If a laptop is not working properly, a student should see the tech department right away. Failure to have a working laptop for BioAssign, Tests, or Quizzes will result in the loss of credit for the assignment.
- Especially when taking a Test or Quiz, QUIT ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS AND CLOSE ALL OTHER WINDOWS. Other applications can make it more likely to experience computer difficulties or crashes.
- Safari is the recommended browser here at Nerinx. Students can no longer access BioBook study sheets, lab sheets or other files using other browsers.
- Safe Exam Browser is REQUIRED to take all BioBook online quizzes and tests.
Accessing BioBook Resources For Classes:
First: Moving the cursor over a tab below a class name drops the menu with choices appropriate to the course.
- General: has miscellaneous links to pages for setting up student accounts, filling out recommendation forms, permission forms, course evaluation forms, etc.
- Study Sheets: are the primary tool for studying a topic in Biology. These pages have links to the outlines, labs and other pertinent resources associated with the topic.
- Assessment: these are the pages for BioAssign homework, Tests, Quizzes, and Test or Quiz Results.
- Current: allows direct access to the current study sheet.
- Bulletin Board: allows direct access to the equivalent of a chalk-board bulletin board. Failure to check the bulletin board will likely result in unexpected homework, tests, quizzes, etc.
- Glossary: allows student look-up of words or definitions for BioAssign or Homework.
- Timer: an advanced stopwatch and timer for use in BioBook labs.
- Rulers: allows students to print rulers for class.
- Graph Paper: allows students to print a single sheet of graph paper.
- The outlines, BioAssign, lab sheets, etc. were not intended for mass production on Nerinx printers. Do not print more than one copy of any document from this site. All documents printed from this site should be printed 2-sided.
- BioBook visitors that would like to get access to either of the Junior Biology curricula should email Mr. Kuensting for a visitor username and password.